Monday, October 30, 2006

Testing for Bugs

Now that you have made some sample pages it's time to do some testing. Just because your code is perfectly XHTML and CSS compliant according to the latest W3C spec doesn't mean that your site is going to look great in all browsers. The two major browsers Internet Explorer and Firefox both don't fully comply with the latest CSS specs and on top of that they can have bugs that will cause you trouble. Personally I usually check my pages in Firefox first because it is much more compliant with the specs and then I test in Internet Explorer and fix any issues that may come up. I'll get into how I fix some of those issues in a later post for now just take a look and appreciate the fact that there are differences that you will need to account for.

No comments: